Optional Data Studio Modules
The animation module is a tool for the creation of movies and animation of point clouds and other data objects.
- Animation Creation
- Frames – Create an animation with unlimited ‘Frames’.
- Point Clouds – Animate part of or an entire point cloud and any of its properties.
- Objects – Add any object and animate it within a scene.
- Camera Location – Define a camera location for each frame, of an animation.
- View – Camera Locations, Bezier Curves, Frame Focal point for a a third person perspective
- Edit – Camera Locations, Bezier Curves and time duration associated with frame transition and dwell.
- Time – Control all objects based on an arbitrary or defined time.
- Movie Generation
- Output Resolution – Low, VGA, PAL, HD, UHD, SUHD or Custom.
- 360 Degree – Create a 360Degree movie of your animation to allow immersive visualisation in Virtual Reality (VR).
- Output Format – MOV or Output individual frames as images.
- 3D Stereoscopic – Create a Stereo Movie for visualisation on 3D devices.
- Supersampling – Create a movie with anti aliasing applied to remove jagged edges.
- Multiple views – Create a movie from any visualisation angle along a defined trajectory.
- Edit Playback – Specify a constant Speed, Duration or Field of View along a defined trajectory.
Edit and clean point clouds of any size using the cloud editing module.
- Selection Tools – 3D Brush, Poly Line, Rectangle, Plane, Select All and Invert Selection.
- Edit Tools – Copy, Delete, Hide and Copy + Delete.
- Paint Points – Colour, Intensity, Brightness and Contract.
- Create Points – Patch a hole in your point cloud.
- Match Points – Match and select Points of a specific colour and/or intensity.
- Surface Profiler – Identifies deviations in a selected plane.
- Volume – Calculate the volume of selected points.
- LAS Classification – Classify your PointCloud Data in order to create unto 256 layers within a single file.
The Forensics Module has been specifically designed in collaboration with Police teams across the world.
- Extended Data Objects – Add almost any data object to a point cloud scene in order to build a strong understanding of the location and all relevant evidence.
- Bullet Trajectory – Scan trajectory rods to provide a bullet trajectory, error cone, compass and origin markers.
- CSV Import – Data obtained in the traditional way using GPS devices can be added to your scene.
- View From Point – By selecting any point within a point cloud, you can instantly see and look around from that location.
- Viewport – Define a pivot point such as the frame of a window and provide a view shed from different locations within a room/car etc.
- Actor – Define the height, eye offset and field of view and see from their perspective.
- Projects ToGo – Deliver a simple executable, which encapsulates your project and a free limited functionality Data Studio install.
- PowerPoint – Create a Powerpoint presentation simply and quickly.
- PDF – Create a PDF Document simply and quickly.
- Ortho Rectified Photos – Generates an Orthographic photo and export to a chosen resolution.
- Project A4D – Data Studio allow a single project to be shared by packaging the project contents into an A4D project.
The Geospatial Module provides a familiar globe viewer and simple Geographic Information System (GIS) user interface
- Co-Ordinates System – Select a co-ordinate system and all georeferenced data will be positioned in the correct place on the globe.
- Mapping – Use the Free Open Source mapping or connect to your own map database.
- Satellite Imagery – Use the Free low resolution satellite imagery, or add your own GeoTiff Map tiles.
- Sunlight – Change the position of the sun dependant on a time in the past or in the future anywhere in the world.
- Terrain – Use the free Digital Terrain Elevation Model (D-TED) or connect to your own terrain data Base.
Implement 360 panoramic images into your data set. These can be taken from the laser scanner or from any other panoramic image source.
- Scanner Panoramas
- View in context – Almost all Laser Scanners capture imagery to only colourise the scan data. Add the image to your point cloud and view from anywhere.
- Measurements – If georeferenced or positioned correctly, the panorama can bemused to take measurements from within the panoramic Sphere or Cylinder.
- Annotation – If georeferenced or positioned correctly, annotate items from within the panorama.
- Visualisation – On occasion point cloud data alone is not good enough to identify items within a scene, the panoramic imagery can help in identification.
- NCTech iSTAR Panoramas
- Full HDR – View in isolation or together with other data to provide a rich contextual data type.
- NCTech Measure – Take measurements directly from the panorama, without the need for a point cloud in the background.
The Security Module for data studio provides the user with the peace of mind that the data they share is secure.
- Password Protection
- Share access timer
The live position data from remote clients, for tracking purposes, can be read and displayed by the Tracking Module for Data Studio. The functionality requires the clients to be logged into the system via a web-browser and their position can be displayed in the GIS Module for Data Studio, with map overlays for example.
This module allows you to use virtual realty in many ways to view and analyse your scan data.
- VR Devices
- Oculus Rift
- HTC Vive
- Powerwall / Cave Projector
- VR Control Devices
- Kinect Sensor
- Game Controller