VGSTUDIO MAX is the high-end software for the visualisation and analysis of industrial computed tomography (CT) data. Innovative companies not only use VGSTUDIO MAX in non-destructive testing, but also increasingly integrate it into their future-oriented development and production solutions.
Areas of Application
- Measurements on even the most difficult-to-access surfaces of a component (Coordinate Measurement Module)
- Non-destructive defect discovery in castings, including prediction of pore cuts (Porosity/Inclusion Analysis Module)
- Defect analysis according to specifications P 201 and P 202 (Enhanced Porosity/Inclusion Analysis Module)
- Comparison of manufactured parts with CAD data, mesh data (.stl), or other voxel data (Nominal/ Actual Comparison Module)
- Wall thickness analysis: localisation of areas with an insufficient or excessive wall thickness or gap width (Wall Thickness Analysis Module)
- Automation through the modular use of macros in different contexts
- Determination of cell structures in porous foams and filter materials (Foam Structure Analysis Module)
- Calculation of fibre orientations and other relevant parameters in composite materials (Fiber Composite Material Analysis Module)
- Virtual stress tests for the non-destructive simulation of mechanical stress directly on CT data (Structural Mechanics Simulation Module)
- Flow and diffusion experiments, e.g., on CT scans of porous materials or composite materials (Transport Phenomena Module)
- Reconstruction of three-dimensional volume data sets using images taken by a CT scanner (CT Reconstruction Module)
Working with VGSTUDIO MAX
- Determine surfaces with subvoxel accuracy for the highest precision and smallest details (Coordinate Measurement Module).
- Work natively with voxel, point cloud, mesh, and CAD data.
- Import native CAD files for analyses and segmentation tasks (CAD Import Module).
- Use additional part information from PMI data for efficient measurement plan creation (CAD Import with PMI Module).
- Quickly segment volume data sets into individual parts or regions.
- Easily ‘unroll’ cylindrical objects, flatten bent surfaces, and combine consecutive slices.
- Combine analyses, e.g., to classify a defect according to its size in relation to the local wall thickness.
- Optimized for modern hardware with SSD and SSD RAID storage and multiple GPU
- Unload/reload data function for gray values: Work with high-resolution CT
data sets on less powerful PCs and easily transfer these projects. Gray-value-based analysis results are preserved.
VGSTUDIO MAX Brochure